Haak’u Community Academy (HCA) is a Kindergarten through 8th grade school located on and run by the Pueblo of Acoma. Current enrollment is 164 students.
We at HCA value the importance of Tribal Leadership and the Acoma Community in teaching the students about their culture and in their academics.
We provide students many opportunities to excel: Science Fair, Battle of the Books, Spelling Bee, Traditional dance, after school program with both academic and cultural activities, Technology through computer labs, I-pads and interactive boards. Students can participate in extracurricular activities, Cheer, Basketball and Cross-Country. Presentations and demonstrations of cultural by community members, including Tribal Officials.
Haak’u Community Academy’s mission is to develop positive students prepared to become future leaders through Language, Culture and Academics.
- Rebuild the network infrastructure, assume control of the T-1 lines and e-rate from BIE.
- Continue development of administrative and accounting functions including purchasing, payroll, human resources and management of all grant funds. HCA received the highest rating in its first financial audit.
- Assume management of Maximo, the BIE facility management tool for tracking and documentation of equipment/facility including tracking of minor repair and improvement.
- Recruitment and retention of certified teachers and management staff.
- Continue development of out of school time learning including after school programs, summer school activities and extra curricular activities while emphasizing Acoma culture and the use of technology.
- Oversee and improve Food Service according to students needs and complying with USDA nutrition guidelines, the National Lunch Program as well as the State Reimbursement Program.
- 21st Century Grant
- Title VI
- Acoma Leadership Development Initiative
- Education Enhancement
- Facility Special Projects